Campus-Based Practices for Promoting Student Success
- Determinants of Student Success: An Integrative Perspective to Orient Policy and Practice elaborates on three social-psychological factors that influence student success during college: goal commitment, academic engagement, and social identification.
- Effective Pedagogy examines cooperative or collaborative learning involving small groups of students, problem-based learning, service learning, mastery learning, and computer-based instruction.
- Financial Aid summarizes key findings from research to inform institutional policy regarding institutional grant aid and work-study programs.
- Faculty Policy Issues and Student Success examines key issues that confront institutional leaders in creating faculty policies conducive to student success, including employment status, faculty roles and reward systems, and faculty development.
- Developmental Education: provides a summary of research on policy and program reforms that may improve developmental education and the outcomes of underprepared students, including establishing appropriate program requirements, refining the student placement process, improving the quality of developmental curricula, and incorporating support services.
Advancing Postsecondary Opportunity, Completion, and Productivity
MHEC’s annual report of performance indicators is intended to facilitate an assessment of the postsecondary education system in your state. The report, Advancing Postsecondary Opportunity, Completion, and Productivity: Essential Performance Indicators for Indiana and Selected Peer States, contains three categories of indicators. In the first category, Target Outcomes, the indicators assess progress towards the key goal of increasing the number of people who enroll in college and complete a high-quality degree as efficiently as possible. The second section, Leverage Points, provides indicators relevant to intermediate outcomes associated with postsecondary degree production, including academic preparation, affordability, and institutional effectiveness. The final section, Policy Instruments, focuses on some of the system resources and policies needed to influence leverage points and target outcomes.
2012-13 Annual Report to the State
An annual summary of program activities for the Midwestern Higher Education Compact for the member states.