RFP: Higher Education Information Technology Solutions (HEITS) for Complex Hybrid Administrative Systems
The Midwestern Higher Education Compact (MHEC) through its Technologies Committee is competitively soliciting proposals on behalf of MHEC. The purpose of this Request for Proposal is to establish one or more MHEC Master Price Agreement(s) with qualified vendor(s).
The Midwestern Higher Education Compact (MHEC) is an instrumentality of twelve Midwestern states (Illinois, Indiana, Iowa, Kansas, Michigan, Minnesota, Missouri, Nebraska, North Dakota, Ohio, South Dakota, and Wisconsin). The Compact was established in 1991 through a common statute enacted into law by each of the member states. Minnesota – Section 135A.20. The purpose of the Compact is to promote higher education through interstate cooperation and resource sharing.
MHEC has determined that developing a region‐wide acquisition strategy for Higher Education Information Technology Solution to Complex Hybrid Administrative Systems through one or more providers will benefit both the higher education community and the provider(s). MHEC is seeking one or more solutions’ for addressing the following challenges:
- Facilitating, tracking, planning, predicting, and reporting on the educational status and educational progress of applicants, students, and graduates;
- Facilitating, tracking, planning, predicting, and reporting on the financial operations of the institution or system; and
- Facilitating, tracking, planning, predicting, and reporting on all the human resource functions of the institution or system.
For further information about the Compact’s Technologies Committee, visit http://www.mhectech.org.
Key events and dates:
|Formal Issuance of RFP||Monday, August 22, 2016|
|Pre-Proposal Conference||Monday, August 29, 2016, 1:00 P.M. CDT|
|A web and audio conference will take place on Monday, August 29, 2016 1:00 P.M. Central Daylight Time (CDT). The conference will provide an introduction to the Midwestern Higher Education Compact and explain requirements for responding to MHEC HEITS Complex Hybrid Administrative Systems solicitation. Playback available at: http://bit.ly/preproposalHEITS.|
|Pre-Proposal Questions Due||Friday, September 2, 2016, 10:00 A.M. CDT|
|Proposals Due||Thursday, October 6, 2016, 10:00 A.M. CDT|
Inquiries about this RFP must be directed to:
Mr. Nathan Jay Sorensen,
Strategic IT Procurement Officer
Midwestern Higher Education Compact
105 Fifth Avenue South, Suite 450
Minneapolis, MN 55401
Phone: (612) 677-2767
All responses to this RFP must be received no later than Thursday, October 6, 2016, 10:00 A.M. CDT
- Download the Higher Education Information Technology Solutions (HEITS) for Complex Hybrid Administrative Systems (pdf)
- Download the Higher Education Information Technology Solutions (HEITS) for Complex Hybrid Administrative Systems (Word)
- Download the Higher Education Informatino Technology Solutions (HEITS) for Complex Hybrid Administrative Systems RFP Scenario (Excel)