Centers of Excellence for Veteran Student Success (CEVSS) Grant Opportunity
The Department of Education is issuing a notice inviting applications for new awards for fiscal year 2022 for the Centers of Excellence for Veteran Student Success (CEVSS) Program. The estimated total program funding is $8,415,000 with the estimated average size of award is $525,000 for up to 36 months.
This program’s purpose is to encourage institutions of higher education (IHEs) to develop model programs to support veteran student success in postsecondary education by coordinating services to address the academic, financial, physical, and social needs of veteran students.
Applications must include the following absolute priorities to be considered:
- Establishing a Center of Excellence for Veteran Student Success on the campus of the institution to provide a single point of contact to coordinate comprehensive support services for veteran students;
- Establishing a veteran student support team, including representatives from the offices of the institution responsible for admissions, registration, financial aid, veterans’ benefits, academic advising, student health, personal or mental health counseling, career advising, disabilities services, and any other office of the institution that provides support to veteran students on campus;
- Providing a coordinator whose primary responsibility is to coordinate the model program;
- Monitoring the rates of veteran student enrollment, persistence, and completion; and
- Developing a plan to sustain the Center of Excellence for Veteran Student Success after the grant period.
For application information, please visit grants.gov (Funding Opportunity Number: ED-GRANTS-050222-001). Completed applications are due June 16, 2022.