About this Indicator
This indicator shows the percentage of all 18- to 24-year-old adults in the state who are currently enrolled in college or have completed some college by race and ethnicity. The Underrepresented Minority category comprises Blacks, American Indians, and Hispanics.
U.S. Census Bureau. U.S. Census Bureau. American Community Survey One-Year Public Use Microdata Sample.
Note. Caution should be exercised when reporting estimates for the following states due to small sample sizes (relative standard error is greater than 30%):
- American Indian: Alaska, California, Montana, North Carolina, South Dakota
- Asian/Pacific Islander: Colorado, Connecticut, Indiana, Kansas, Missouri, Ohio, Oregon, Tennessee, Wisconsin
- Black: Kansas, Oklahoma, Rhode Island, Washington
- Hispanic: Alabama, Delaware, Hawaii, Idaho, Kentucky, Nebraska, Wisconsin
- Underrepresented Minority: Alaska, Hawaii, South Dakota
State estimates are not shown when the relative standard error is greater than 50%.