Broadband Infrastructure Program Grant
The National Telecommunications and Information Administration, through the U.S. Department of Commerce, is seeking applicants for their Broadband Infrastructure Program.
The purpose of the program is to deploy broadband infrastructure to eligible service areas that are competitively and technologically neutral projects. Priority is given to applications (listed in decreased order of priority):
- Covered broadband projects designed to provide broadband service to the greatest number of households in an eligible service area.
- Covered broadband projects designed to provide broadband service in an eligible service area that is wholly within any area other than a county, city, or town that has a population of more than 50,000 inhabitants, and the urbanized area contiguous and adjacent to a city or town of more than 50,000 inhabitants.
- Covered broadband projects that are the most cost-effective, prioritizing such projects in areas that are the most rural.
- Covered broadband projects designed to provide broadband service with a download speed of not less than 100 megabits per second and an upload speed of not less than 20 megabits per second.
- Any other covered broadband project that meets the requirements of this Notice of Funding Opportunity.
For a detailed description of the grant, please refer to the corresponding Federal Register link for more information.
Completed applications are to be submitted by Complete applications must be received by https://www.grants.gov/ no later than 11:59:59 ET on or before August 17, 2021.